Frothy celery and apple soup with cinnamon
- 1 celeriac medium
- 1 cooking apple
- 40g butter
- 1 onion
- 40g leek white
- 1 stick cinnamon about 9 cm
- 800ml vegetable broth
- 200ml cream
- ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper from the mill
- Peel the celery and cut into small pieces (300 g)
- Peel the apple and remove the core, and cut into small pieces ( 150 g flesh)
- Peel the onion and cut into fine strips
- Wash the leek and cut into small pieces
PreparationMelt the butter in the Hotpan casserole, add the onion and leek and steam at a low heat. Add the celery, apple celery, apple and cinnamon stick and continue steaming for another 2 minutes.
Quench with the vegetable broth, bring to the boil and allow to simmer lightly at a medium heat for 3 minutes.
Now cover the casserole, heat and place the Hotpan in the insulating bowl for 30 minutes as soon as steam appears.
Then remove the cinnamon, add the cream, bring to the boil, mix, strain and season to taste with salt and pepper from the mill.
Foam with a handheld mixer just before serving, arrange in an elegant soup bowl and dust with cinnamon powder.
This recipe is credited to Rudolf Lehmann Kuhn Rikon AG